- Carbon/ Micro. Alloy/ Low Alloy steel for Forgings & Engineering Applications
- Alloy & special steels
- Electro Slag re-melted steel
- Tool and Die Steel : H11, H13, A2, SXI99, S7, O1
- Valves Steels : En52, 21-4N, SUH3, SUH11
- Stainsteels Steels : AISI 303, 304, 316, 410, 416,17-4PH, 15-5 PH
- Customer specific steel development
Process Flow at Saarloha
- Capacity 3000 MT / Annum
- Supplied by INTECO, Austria
- Plant Type Fixed Collar Copper Mould with retractable base Plate
- Single Column Automatic Electrode Change
- Transformer Capacity 3.18 MVA
- Mould sizes 335 mm Sq., 420 mm, 640 mm, 810 mm Dia
- Maximum Ingot Length 4.5 Meters and Ingot weight 17 MT
- Argon / Nitrogen shrouding
- Pre Fused ELH Slag
- Continuous Aluminum Deoxidation
- End Application- Nuclear,Aerospace, Power Gen, Defence and Engineering applications
|This is a state-of-the-art finishing facility comprising of composite coil to bright bar finishing line having in-line Eddy Current Testing Facility at Ranjangaon.
A trusted name by global corporates, SAARLOHA is recognized as a leading manufacturer of speciality and high alloy steel.
Committed to high standards of customer satisfaction and an ISO 9001:2015, IATF 16949:2016 and AS 9100D certified company, SAARLOHA has consistently demonstrated the ability to meet the most stringent quality assurance standards. Our mechanical & chemical testing labs have NABL accreditation. The Laboratories are equipped with testing equipment sourced from reputed manufacturers.
- 02 Direct reading emission spectrometers (48 channels)
- 03 Mobile Spectrometers
- 07 MPI machines & Eddy current testing machine
- Carbon & Sulphur Determinator (LECO make)
- Hydrogen Analyzer & Nitrogen/Oxygen Analyzer (LECO make)
- Structures Metallographic Polishing machines
- Metallurgical microscopes with photography capabilities
- Carl Zeiss microscope (HD-100) with image projection facilities
- Ultrasonic portable flaw detectors
- Universal Tensile testing machine (UTM – 40 T)
- Impact at subzero temperature
- Jominy end quench equipment
- Wet analysis lab
- Rockwell, Brinell and Vickers hardness testing machines
While we strive for continuous improvement, our advanced manufacturing processes and quality systems ensure sustained and consistent quality in our products and services.
Saarloha R&D center is approved by DSIR (GOI) and involved in continuous improvement of steel.
Major thrust Areas of R&D:
1. New Product Development
2. FEM Modeling & Simulation
3. Process Improvement
4. Advanced Material Characterization
Saarloha’s in-house R&D center consists of metallurgical experts, process experts and is well equipped with testing facilities like Mechanical Properties, Metallography, chemical analysis and NDT. FEM & Simulation is a major strength of R&D team to predict the properties of wide range of steel grades which supports in process improvement. We are continuously working to improve the product quality along with our customers and are successfully meeting their expectations.
We have successfully developed products and processes for our customers from segments like Energy, Defence, Aerospace, Oil & Gas sectors etc.
Saarloha’ s testing facility and experts team provides technical support and in-house failure analysis for our customers.
R&D also has a 100 kg Prototype Induction Furnace – which is utilized to develop special and new steel grades